Repeat Prescriptions can be ordered inthe following ways
1: By using the tear off portion of your last prescription, carefully marking the items required and forwarding it to the surgery.
2: Online. New users are required to complete a simple registration and obtain a username and password.
If you cannot see the medication you are trying to order or if the medication is for a child under 18years please email us your order at email@example.com
We do not issue usernames and passwords for children under 18.
We do not take requests for repeat medication over the phone unless you are housebound. This is due to safety reasons and also the high volume of calls this would create.
Please give us at least 2 working days notice when requesting a repeat prescription.
The NHS now requires us to ask patients to buy some items of medication. These include:
- low cost pain relief such as Paracetamol and Ibruprofen
- hay fever medication with the exception of patients diagnosed with asthma and young people during the exam period
- cough and cold remedies, lozenges, throat sprays, mouthwashes
- indigestion remedies
- travel medicines
- treatment for non-serious diarrhoea or constipation
- threadworms, headlice
- minor acne
- nail infections
- tonics, health supplements
- barrier cream for nappy rash
- creams, gels, tubigrip for minor injuries, tattoos, varicose veins, bruising
- athletes foot
- slimming preparations other than those only restricted to prescription only
- moisturisers and bath additives for minor dry skin conditions
This list is not exhaustive
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions.
PLEASE ALLOW 2 FULL WORKING DAYS FOR REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS TO BE PROCESSED AND REMEMBER TO TAKE IN TO ACCOUNT WEEKENDS AND BANK HOLIDAYS; THANK YOU